Services, Agistment and The Farm.
Are you planning on sending your mare to Victoria to be bred? Or planning for embryo transfer? Need somewhere for her to stay for the season with quality service and competitive prices? Or need somewhere to send the Recipient mare to foal down and grow your foal without the worry of dealing with the recip?
Well Gamberlee is the place for you! Our vet, Ellen Newton-Oostelaar of Diamond Genes Equine Reproduction, operates from and lives on farm so there's no need to travel, a safe crush/vetting area for scanning, AI, embryo flushes and transfers, a collection/breeding area for the resident stallions, stabling facilities for mares to go underlights or be kept in work while being bred and the foaling paddock is right outside the house for quick access to mares in labour. What more could you ask for?
The people at Gamberlee have been in the horse industry for years, working at numerous thoroughbred studs around the WORLD! Our Lucerne hay and Oats are grown locally and is of great quality, suppyling top racing stables throughout Melbourne.
We breed our own Australian Stock Horses and welcome any and all breeds that wish to join our stud either for the short or long term. We will do everything to help keep your mare happy and hopefully help her get infoal! If you are interested please don't hesitate to contact us at anytime! Call us for a quote... discounts for payment upfront!
List of services.
- Agistment, spelling, foaling down, breaking, training and re-education.
- Training Stallions to breed on the Phantom and collect from an AV.
- We have the facilities to put your mares underlights. It is recommended a good 16 hrs of light, starting the 1st of July, will help have your mare cycling and ready for cover by early September.
- Here at Gamberlee we have become specialists in handling unmanageable Recipient mares. A lot of the mares donated to transfer programs have had very hard and painful backgrounds and need some "extra care and understanding", this never stops them from being great mothers but they don't always make your life easy. If you feel you are unable to manage your recipient mare we will happily take care of her and your foal for you.
- Scanning, Artificial Insemination of fresh, chilled and/or frozen semen.
- Embryo flushing and transfer can be done on farm as we continue to build a solid recipient herd.
- Weaning and halter training of foals to help take the stress off anxious owners.
- Sales preparation for the Landmark Classic Sale.
- Riding lessons to help you get more or new confidence on your horse.
Please don't hesitate to contact us for any enquiries!
The Farm and facilities.